Now I love a good smoothie, but it’s the middle of March and the thought of blending up an icy concoction gives me the literal shivers. It better be a really damn good smoothie for the chill to be worth it.
Enter the child approved Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie. Freddie drinks these down like water. We usually split one, but sometimes I have to blend up two. It has warming spices and it helps to increase your daily antioxidant intake. It also brings back cozy memories of the holidays.
I got the idea for this from from a new Amazon cookbook find.
Sweet Potato Soul by Jenne Claiborne
The recipe in the book is good, but I tweaked it a bit to make it more to our liking. I do enjoy that someone else shares my affinity for sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1 cup nondairy milk (I use almond or soy)
- 1 banana (it can be frozen if you are the plan ahead kind of person)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2-3 medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes if you aren’t using a high speed blender)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend.